Operating system guidelines
Review the best practices and Cloudera's recommendations for installing operating systems (OS) on your clusters during your planning phase.
- All runtime hosts in a logical cluster must run on the same major OS release.
- Cloudera supports a temporarily mixed OS configuration during an OS upgrade project.
- Cloudera Manager must run on the same OS release as one of the clusters it manages.
Cloudera recommends running the same minor release on all cluster nodes. However, the risk caused by running different minor OS releases is considered lower than the risk of running different major OS releases.
- Cloudera does not support runtime cluster deployments in Docker containers.
- CDP Private Cloud Base is supported on platforms with Security-Enhanced Linux (SELinux) enabled and in an enforcing mode. Typical best practice is to implement SELinux in a permissive mode in order to benefit from regular security and feature improvements. Cloudera is not responsible for policy support or policy enforcement. If you experience issues with SELinux, contact your OS provider.
See CDP Private Cloud Base operating systems requirements for the latest information on compatibility and special considerations. See Cloudera Security Reference Architecture for cluster security best practices.