Creating a Kafka sink
You can use the registered Kafka source to create a Kafka Virtual Table Sink. You only need to specify the Kafka topic where the data should be generated when executing your SQL Stream job.
- Make sure that you have created a Kafka topic.
- Make sure that you have the right permissions set in Ranger.
- Go to your cluster in Cloudera Manager.
- Click on SQL Stream Builder from the list of Services.
Click on SQLStreamBuilder Console.
The Streaming SQL Console opens up in a new window.
- Select Console from the main menu.
- Select the Virtual Tables tab.
- Select the Virtual Table Sink sub-tab.
.The Kafka Sink window appears.
Provide a name to the Virtual Table.
Select a Kafka topic from the list.
Click Save Changes.