Configuring the Service Role Target Cluster
Learn about the Streams Replication Manager Service role target cluster and how to configure it.
The Streams Replication Manager Service role consists of a REST API and a Kafka Streams application that aggregates and exposes cluster, topic, and consumer group metrics. With the help of these metrics, users can monitor replications. The service can only be installed on one host per cluster.
Each instance of the service is associated with a single target cluster. The target is the cluster that the service gathers and exposes metrics from. Because each instance of the service can only target and expose metrics from a single cluster, monitoring multiple clusters requires the deployment of multiple instances of the service.
The target cluster of the service is configured with the streams replication manager service target cluster property. The property accepts any cluster alias that is specified in Streams Replication Manager Cluster alias. as long as data is being replicated to that cluster. Configuring a service target is mandatory.
- In Cloudera Manager select Streams Replication Manager.
- Go to Configuration.
- Find the streams replication manager service target cluster property.
- Add the target cluster alias. For
- Enter a Reason for change, and then click Save Changes to commit the changes.
- Restart Streams Replication Manager.