Install the Parcel and CSD files
To install the CSP services, copy the parcels and CSD files into the respective directories, restart cloudera managers, and then download, distribute, and activate the CSP service parcels.
- Schema Registry
You have obtained the CSD, parcel and .sha files from the Cloudera Archive using your authentication credentials (username/password) provided as part of the subscription fulfillment process. You can use your license file to obtain the authentication credentials by generating them on the CDP Private Cloud Base download page after logging in and selecting Download Now.
You have installed Apache Kafka.
- Copy the parcel and .sha files into the parcel directory. By default, the parcel repository is /opt/cloudera/parcel-repo, located on the server where Cloudera Manager is running.
- Copy the CSD files into the CSD directory. By default, this is located at /opt/cloudera/csd, located on the server where Cloudera Manager is running.
Change the parcel, .sha, and CSD files ownership and
# For parcels chown cloudera-scm:cloudera-scm /opt/cloudera/parcel-repo/* chmod 644 /opt/cloudera/parcel-repo/* # For CSDs chown cloudera-scm:cloudera-scm /opt/cloudera/csd/* chmod 644 /opt/cloudera/csd/*
Restart the Cloudera Manager Server.
For RHEL 7
sudo systemctl restart cloudera-scm-server
For RHEL 6
sudo service cloudera-scm-server restart
- Restart the Cloudera Management Service. From the Cloudera Manager Status tab, click the Restart Icon or select Restart from the Cloudera Management Service drop-down.
- From the Cloudera Manager navigation bar, click Hosts then Parcels, and click the Configuration button.
Review the parcel list and verify that the Schema Registry, SRM, and SMM
parcels are available. If not, click the Check for New
Parcels button. The new parcels should display
Available for Downloadon the Parcels page.
- From the Parcels page, download, distribute, and activate the Schema Registry, SRM, and SMM parcels.