A summary of known issues for this version of Cloudera Stream Processing.
- SRM does not sync re-created source topics until the offsets have caught up with target topic
- Problem: Messages written to topics that were deleted and re-created are not replicated until the source topic reaches the same offset as the target topic. For example, if at the time of deletion and re-creation there are a 100 messages on the source and target clusters, new messages will only get replicated once the re-created source topic has 100 messages. This leads to messages being lost.
- Workaround: N/A.
- SRM may automatically re-create deleted topics
- Problem: If
auto.create.topics.enableis enabled, deleted topics are automatically recreated on source clusters.
- Workaround: Prior to deletion, remove the topic from the topic whitelist with the
srm-controltool. This prevents topics from being re-created.
srm-control topics --source [SOURCE_CLUSTER] --target [TARGET_CLUSTER] --remove [TOPIC1][TOPIC2]
- Replication failing when SRM driver is present on multiple nodes
- Problem: Kafka replication fails when the SRM driver is installed on more than one node.
- Workaround: N/A