Using Model Registry
The Model Registry is the core enabler for MLOps, or DevOps for machine learning.
The Model Registry stores and manages machine learning models and associated metadata, such as the model's version, dependencies, and performance. The registry enables MLOps and facilitates the development, deployment, and maintenance of machine learning models in a production environment.
Model Registry includes functionality for the following tasks:
- Storing and organizing different versions of a machine learning model and its associated metadata.
- Tracking the lineage of a model, including who created it, when it was created, and any changes made to it over time.
- Providing APIs for accessing and deploying models, as well as for querying and searching the registry.
- Integrating with CI/CD pipelines and other tools used in the MLOps workflow.
Model registries help organizations improve the quality and reliability of their machine learning models by providing a centralized location for storing and managing models, as well as enabling traceability and reproducibility of model development. They also make deploying and managing models in a production environment easier by providing a single source for model versions and dependencies.
The Model Registry integrates MLFlow and maintains compatibility with the open source ecosystem.
- Upgrade to the General Availability (GA) version of Model Registry might not be supported. Alternatively, upgrade to the GA version of Model Registry might require reinstalling Model Registry which could result in loss of Model Registry data configured with the technical preview (TP) version of Model Registry.
- Model Registry currently does not support the creation of private Model Registry with UDR on AKS.