Create Controller Services for your dataflow
You can add Controller Services that can provide shared services to be used by the Processors in your dataflow. Create them after you build the NiFi dataflow and before you configure the Processors, so that they are available when you configure your NiFi Processors.
For this dataflow, create two Controller Services.
See the Related Information section below, for links to full details about these Apache NiFi Controller Services.
You have built your dataflow.
- To add a Controller Service to your flow, right-click on the canvas and select Configure from the pop-up menu. This displays the Controller Services Configuration window.
- Select the Controller Services tab.
- Click the + button to display the Add Controller Service dialog.
- Select the required Controller Service and click Add.
- Click the Configure icon in the right-hand column and configure the necessary options.
- When you have finished configuring the options you need, click Apply to save the changes.
- Click the Enable button (flash) in the far-right column of the Controller Services tab to enable the Controller Service.
You require the following Controller Services for this example of a NiFi dataflow moving data out of Snowflake.
You use this Controller Service as the writer, when writing the data as Flow Files in NiFi. Avro is a good option in most cases but you may want to choose another writer depending on your requirements.
In general, you may accept the default configurations.
This Controller Service allows NiFi to interact with the Snowflake database through the JDBC interface.
|Property||Description||Example value for a dataflow pulling data from Snowflake|
|Database Connection URL||
|Database Driver Class Name||
After you have finished configuring your Controller Services:
- Configure your source Processor
- Configure your target Processor
- Confirm your dataflow is running