Configure the HBase Canary
The HBase canary is an optional service that you can configure to check periodically if a RegionServer is alive. The HBase canary is disabled by default.
- Go to the HBase service.
- Click the Configuration tab.
- Select Scope > HBase or HBase Service-Wide.
- Select Category > Monitoring.
- Locate the HBase Canary property or search for it by typing its name in the Search box. Several properties have Canary in the property name.
- Select the checkbox.
- Review other HBase Canary properties to configure the specific behavior of the canary. To apply this configuration property to other role groups as needed, edit the value for the appropriate role group.See Modifying Configuration Properties Using Cloudera Manager.
- Enter a Reason for change, and then click Save Changes to commit the changes.
- Restart the role.
- Restart the service.