Known Issues in Hue
Learn about the known issues in Hue, the impact or changes to the functionality, and the workaround.
- Impala editor fails silently after SAML SSO session times out
When you run a query from an Impala editor in Hue, the Impala editor may silently fail without displaying an error message. As a result, you may not see any action on the screen after submitting your query. This happens if Hue is configured with SAML authentication and you run a query from a browser session that has remained open for a period longer than the SSO maximum session time set by the SAML Identity Provider.
Workaround: If you do not see any action on the Impala editor after submitting the query, refresh the page on your browser.
- Hue Importer is not supported in the Data Engineering template
- When you create a Data Hub cluster using the Data Engineering template, the Importer application is not supported in Hue.
- BalancerMember worker hostname too long error
- You may see the following error message while starting the Hue Load
BalancerMember worker hostname (xxx-xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxx.xxxxxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxx.example.site) too long.
Cloudera Manager displays this error when you create a Data Hub cluster using the Data Engineering template and the Hue Load Balancer worker node name has exceeded 64 characters. In a CDP Public Cloud deployment, the system automatically generates the Load Balancer worker node name through AWS or Azure.
For example, if you specify
cdp-123456-scaleclusteras the cluster name, CDP creates
cdp-123456-scalecluster-master2.repro-aw.a123-4a5b.example.siteas the worker node name.
- Specify a shorter cluster name while creating a Data Hub cluster so
that the final worker node name does not cross 64 characters.