Fixed Issues in Streams Messaging
Review the list of Streams Messaging issues that are resolved in Cloudera DataFlow for Data Hub 7.2.6.
Learn about the fixed issues in Kafka in this release:
- CDPD-16683: Support consumer offset sync across clusters in MM 2.0 (backport KAFKA-9076)
- This is a backported improvement, see KIP-545 and KAFKA-9076 for more information.
- CDPD-17921: advertised.listeners should allow duplicated ports (backport KAFKA-10478)
- The advertised.listeners Kafka property now accepts duplicated ports.
- OPSAPS-57907: The Kafka metric collector adapter generates high CPU load
- This issue is now resolved.
- OPSAPS-58319: Kafka metrics may have been wiped after a Kafka cluster restart
- Empty responses are now properly handled when topic names are fetched. Kafka metrics will no longer be wiped.
Learn about the fixed issues in Schema Registry in this release:
- OPSAPS-58397: Make the Schema Registry hashing algorithm configurable
- Added new option to Schema Registry configuration where the users can change the hashing algorithm used to generate schema fingerprints. The default value is MD5.
- OPSAPS-58157: Schema Registry Swagger page does not work due to CSP violation
- Schema Registry's Swagger page now correctly renders and the browser does not report a Content Security Policy violation error.
- OPSAPS-58153: Schema Registry role log is not visible through CM UI
- In versions before Cloudera Manager 7.2.3, Schema Registry logs were not displayed in the Cloudera Manager UI. Now, the Schema Registry log format was changed to make it consistent with the log format of other CDP components. Schema Registry Server role logs are now correctly displayed in Cloudera Manager.
- CDPD-18345: Schema Registry fails to start on a cluster with TLS enabled and multiple SANs in the certificate
- Schema Registry can now start on a cluster when TLS is enabled and there are multiple Subject Alternative Names in the certificate.
- CDPD-17969: Cannot fork schema
- Previously, schema versions could not be forked when Ranger authorization was enabled. This fixes the bug and allows creating branches.
- CDPD-17849: Remove usage of non-FIPS compatible algorithms in Schema Registry
- Added configuration option in both client and server to change the hashing algorithm used for generating schema fingerprints. The default value is MD5 but can be changed to SHA-2 or other algorithms.
- CDPD-16851: updateSchemaMetadata() allows changing schema type to an invalid value which breaks adding new versions to a schema
- When updating a SchemaMetadata, type parameter is now validated.
- CDPD-16812: SR - read boolean properties from kafka configs
- Schema Registry can read and cast String values as Boolean values.
- CDPD-11076: Schema Registry API swagger doc is incorrect/not up to date
- Schema Registry API swagger documentation has been updated, descriptions completed to have better understanding about endpoints and parameters have been also completed and this way more accurate searches can be implemented.
Streams Messaging Manager
Learn about the fixed issues in Streams Messaging Manager in this release:
- CDPD-16215: SMM showing inaccurate Producer Messages Count in multiple places
- If a producer was inactive for a few minutes it would be emptied from the Kafka broker cache. In that case, the producer's messages count entity would start from 0 in ServiceMonitor's database and show incorrect values for the "Messages" fields where that producer is shown.
- CDPD-16438: SMM does not handle sum() metrics correctly
- Single Point metrics (metrics that are a single timeStamp - Value pair such as sums, avgs
etc) were showing data that might have been related to another timeSpan. So for instance when
querying for 30 minutes that 6-hourly data was shown. The problematic queried timespans and
the corresponding shown timespans were the following:
- 6 hours -> 6 hours, 1 hour, 30 mins
- 2 days -> 24 hours, 2 days
- CDPD-17889: SMM UI uses the "latestOutMessagesCount" field from the response for showing the number of messages at the ProducerDetail page
- If a producer is inactive for a few minutes, and gets evicted from the Kafka broker cache, the metrics will restart from 0 in ServiceMontior's database and will show inaccurate data at the messages field at the ProducerDetail page.
- OPSAPS-58488: SMM is missing from Ranger users for SchemaRegistry
- SMM cannot complete Schema Registry related API operations because it is not whitelisted for access in Ranger.
Streams Replication Manager
Learn about the fixed issues in Streams Replication Manager in this release:
- CSP-956: Topics or groups added to white or blacklists are not returned when using srm-control --list
srm-controltool and the SRM driver are now able to read the full white and blacklist from the srm-control.<alias>.internal configuration topic.
- CSP-462: Replication failing when SRM driver is present on multiple nodes
- Replication no longer fails when the driver is present on multiple nodes. Running SRM in high availability mode is now possible.
- CDPD-18300: SRM resolves configuration provider references in its internal configuration topic
- Configuration provider references are no longer resolved. Sensitive information is no longer exposed this way.