Adding a CDP Private Cloud Data Services cluster
Using Cloudera Manager 126.96.36.199, you can either install Private Cloud Data Services by downloading the repository from the Internet, or you can do an air gap installation if Cloudera Manager does not have access to the Internet.
Before you begin:
- Ensure you have Cloudera Manager 188.8.131.52 installed and you have the entitlements to the CDP Private Cloud Data Services product.
- Python 3.8 is required for Cloudera Manager version 184.108.40.206 and higher versions. Cloudera Manager agents will not start unless Python 3.8 is installed on the cluster nodes.
- Only TLS 1.2 is supported for authentication with Active Directory/LDAP. You require TLS 1.2 to authenticate the CDP control plane with your LDAP directory service like Active Directory.
- The Kubeconfig file is available in /etc/rancher/rke2/rke2.yaml
- If the installer fails, do not cancel the installation. For more information, see Manually uninstalling ECS from a cluster.
- Do not use any antivirus or other security tools on the ECS nodes. These third-party tools may cause issues with ECS functionality.