Post-upgrade tasks for Cloudera Data Warehouse
Post-upgrade steps for Cloudera Data Warehouse (CDW) apply when you are upgrading from 1.5.0 to 1.5.2. Perform the steps that are applicable to you.
Before you upgrade
Upgrading from 1.5.0
If you are upgrading from CDP Private Cloud Data Services 1.5.0, then you can perform in-place upgrade. In an in-place upgrade, you can directly upgrade the Database Catalog and Virtual Warehouses from the CDW UI without having to deactivate your environment. Perform the following steps after upgrading the platform:
- Log in to the Data Warehouse service as DWAdmin.
- Upgrade the Database Catalog by clicking .
- Upgrade individual Virtual Warehouses by clicking .
- Verify whether the upgrade is successful by checking the version information on the Database Catalog or Virtual Warehouse details page by clicking on the Database Catalog or Virtual Warehouse tile.
What changes after the upgrade
- Starting with 1.5.1, Data Analytics Studio (DAS) has been deprecated and completely removed from CDW. After you upgrade the platform, any running DAS instances will be removed from the cluster. Cloudera recommends that you use Hue for querying and exploring data in CDW.
- If you upgrade the platform from 1.5.0 to the latest release, then the configuration of an existing environments stays the same as before. Configurations such as default file format, compression type, and transactional type are not copied from the base cluster. To copy configurations from the base cluster, you must reactivate the environment.