Testing Applications Before You Deploy
Before you deploy an application using the steps described here, make sure your application has been thoroughly tested.
You can use sessions to develop, test, and debug your applications. You can test web apps by embedding them in sessions as described: here
- Go to a project's Overview page.
- Click Applications.
- Click New Application.
- Fill out the following fields.
- Name: Enter a name for the application.
- Subdomain: Enter a subdomain that will be used to construct the URL for the
web application. For example, if you use
test-appas the subdomain, the application will be accessible at
Subdomains should be valid DNS hostname characters: letters from a to z, digits from 0 to 9, and the hyphen.
- Description: Enter a description for the application.
- Script: Select a script that hosts a web application on either
CDSW_APP_PORT. Applications running on either of these ports are available to any users with at least read access to the project. The Python template project includes an
entry.pyscript that you can use to test this out.
- Engine Kernel and Engine Profile: Select the kernel and computing resources needed for this application.
- Set Environment Variables: Click Set Environment
Variables, enter the name and value for the new application variable,
and click Add.
If there is a conflict between the project-level and application-level environment variables, the application-level environment variables override the project-level environment variables.
- Click Create Application.
In a few minutes, you should see the application status change to Running on the Applications page.
Click on the name of the application to access the web application interface.
You can Stop, Restart, or Delete an application from the Applications page.
- If you want to make changes to an existing application, click Overview under the application name.
- Then go to the Settings tab to make any changes and update the application.