Creating Sessions in Cloudera Data Engineering
A Cloudera Data Engineering (CDE) Session is an interactive short-lived development environment for running Spark commands to help you iterate upon and build your Spark workloads.
- In the Cloudera Data Platform (CDP) console, click the Data Engineering tile. The Home page displays.
Click Sessions in the left navigation menu and then click Create
- Enter a Name for the Session.
- Select a Type, for example, PySpark or Scala.
Select a Timeout value.
The Session will stop after the indicated time has passed.
- Optionally, enter a Description for the session.
- Optionally, enter the Configurations.
Set the Compute options.
- Optional: GPU Acceleration (Technical Preview): You can accelerate your session using GPUs. Click Enable GPU Accelerations checkbox to enable the GPU acceleration and configure selectors and tolerations if you want to run the job on specific GPU nodes. When you run this session, this particular session will request GPU resources.
The Connect tab displays a list of connectivity options available to interact with the Session. The Interact tab allows you to interact with the Session, and becomes available once the Session is running.
To delete a Session, open the Session and click