General known issues
This topic describes the general service-wide known issues for Cloudera Data Warehouse (CDW) Private Cloud.
Known issues identified in 1.5.2
- VIZ-2269: Issue with impersonation in CDW Impala connections
- You may see the following error while creating or editing the data connection to a CDW Impala or Hive Virtual Warehouse and using the connection details auto-populated from the CDW Warehouse drop-down: User <username> is not authorized to delegate to <username>. This happens because the Impersonation and Trusted Impersonation options are both enabled. This affects CDV 7.1.6.
- If the message appears when creating a new data connection, try refreshing the page. This will reset the Impersonation and Trusted Impersonation options. If the message appears on the Edit Data Connection modal, then copy the hostname, username, HTTP path, and other values present on the Advanced tab, and manually edit the existing CDW connections. A manual edit will typically not trigger this bug.
Known issues identified in 1.5.1
- DWX-15142 Character restriction on environment name when using FreeIPA server version 4.9.8 and higher
- FreeIPA is supported as an authentication mechanism starting with the 1.5.1 release. If you are using FreeIPA version 4.9.8 and higher, then note that the host names are limited to 64 characters. Because the environment name is part of the host name, the environment name must not exceed 17 characters.
Known issues identified before 1.4.1
- DWX-10403: Executor pods get stuck in pending state with a warning
- In rare circumstances, when Impala or Hive executors start up either due to autoscaling or by manually restarting the executors, the pods may get stuck in a pending state with a warning such as "volume node affinity conflict". This happens due to a race condition in the storage class that provides local volumes.
- Restart the pods so that they can be rescheduled on new nodes with enough resources.
- DWX-8502: HMS health check does not check port 9083
- The HMS health check script does not check the health of its service port 9083 and may provide incorrect health status.