Other Cloudera Manager Tasks and Settings
From the Administration tab you can select options for configuring settings that affect how Cloudera Manager interacts with your clusters.
- Performance - Set the Cloudera Manager Agent heartbeat interval. See Configuring Agent Heartbeat and Health Status Options.
- Advanced - Enable API debugging and other advanced options.
- Monitoring - Set Agent health status parameters. For configuration instructions, see Configuring Cloudera Manager Agents.
- Security - Set TLS encryption settings to enable TLS encryption between the Cloudera Manager Server, Agents, and clients. For configuration instructions,
see Manually Configuring TLS Encryption for Cloudera Manager. You can also:
- Set the realm for Kerberos security and point to a custom keytab retrieval script. For configuration instructions, see Cloudera Security.
- Specify session timeout and a "Remember Me" option.
- Ports and Addresses - Set ports for the Cloudera Manager Admin Console and Server. For configuration instructions, see Configuring Cloudera Manager Server Ports.
- Enable Cloudera usage data collection For configuration instructions, see Managing Anonymous Usage Data Collection.
- Set a custom header color and banner text for the Admin console.
- Set an "Information Assurance Policy" statement – this statement will be presented to every user before they are allowed to access the login dialog box. The user must click "I Agree" in order to proceed to the login dialog box.
- Disable/enable the auto-search for the Events panel at the bottom of a page.
- External Authentication - Specify the configuration to use LDAP, Active Directory, or an external program for authentication. See Configuring External Authentication and Authorization for Cloudera Manager for instructions.
- Parcels - Configure settings for parcels, including the location of remote repositories that should be made available for download, and other settings such as the frequency with which Cloudera Manager will check for new parcels, limits on the number of downloads or concurrent distribution uploads. See Parcels for more information.
- Network - Configure proxy server settings. See Configuring Network Settings.
- Custom Service Descriptors - Configure custom service descriptor properties for Add-on Services.
See Managing Alerts.
See Managing Licenses.
User Interface Language
You can change the language of the Cloudera Manager Admin Console User Interface through the language preference in your browser. Information on how to do this for the browsers supported by Cloudera Manager is shown under the Administration page. You can also change the language for the information provided with activity and health events, and for alert email messages by selecting Language, selecting the language you want from the drop-down list on this page, then clicking Save Changes.