Managing the Cloudera Manager Server Log
Viewing the Log
To help you troubleshoot problems, you can view the Cloudera Manager Server log. You can view the logs in the Logs page or in specific pages for the log.
Viewing Cloudera Manager Server Logs in the Logs Page
- Select on the top navigation bar.
- Next to Sources, select the Cloudera Manager Server checkbox and deselect the other options.
- Adjust the search criteria and click Search.
Setting the Cloudera Manager Server Log Location
By default the Cloudera Manager Server log is stored in /var/log/cloudera-scm-server/. If there is not enough space in that directory, you can change the location of the parent of the log directory:
- Stop the Cloudera Manager Server:
sudo service cloudera-scm-server stop
- Set the CMF_VAR environment variable in /etc/default/cloudera-scm-server to the new parent directory:
- Create log/cloudera-scm_server and run directories in the new parent directory and set the owner and group of all
directories to cloudera-scm. For example, if the new parent directory is /opt/, do the following:
sudo su cd /opt mkdir log chown cloudera-scm:cloudera-scm log mkdir /opt/log/cloudera-scm-server chown cloudera-scm:cloudera-scm log/cloudera-scm-server mkdir run chown cloudera-scm:cloudera-scm run
- Restart the Cloudera Manager Server:
sudo service cloudera-scm-server start