Before You Install
- Review Cloudera Enterprise 6 Requirements and Supported Versions.
- Review the Cloudera Manager 6 Release Notes and the CDH 6 Release Notes.
For planning, best practices, and recommendations, review the reference architecture for your environment. For example, for on-premises deployments, review the Cloudera Enterprise Reference Architecture for Bare Metal Deployments (PDF).
The following topics describe additional considerations you should be aware of before beginning an installation:
- Storage Space Planning for Cloudera Manager
- Configure Network Names
- Disabling the Firewall
- Setting SELinux mode
- Enable an NTP Service
- Install Python 2.7 on Hue Hosts
- Impala Requirements
- Required Privileges
- Recommended Role Distribution
- Custom Installation Solutions
- Service Dependencies in Cloudera Manager