Navigator Configuration and Management
Cloudera Navigator runs as two discrete roles—Navigator Audit Server and Navigator Metadata Server—in the context of Cloudera Manager Server. Features and configuration options available for these server-side processes are managed using the Cloudera Manager Admin Console. Management tasks include configuring filters to fine-tune audit event collection, tuning the Navigator Metadata Server for optimal performance, and configuring auditing for select services.
Management tasks also include implementing a backup system for Navigator metadata, and configuring security features, such as TLS/SSL to support HTTPS and client-server encrypted communications over the network.
Topics in this section apply to Navigator in general or to either Navigator Audit Server or Navigator Metadata Server specifically.
- Accessing Navigator Data Management Logs
- Backing Up Cloudera Navigator Data
- Authentication and Authorization
- Configuring Cloudera Navigator to work with Hue HA
- Cloudera Navigator support for Virtual Private Clusters
- Encryption (TLS/SSL) and Cloudera Navigator
- Limiting Sensitive Data in Navigator Logs
- Preventing Concurrent Logins from the Same User
- Navigator Audit Server Management
- Navigator Metadata Server Management