Configuring Encrypted Transport for HBase
This topic describes how to configure encrypted HBase data transport using Cloudera Manager.
Configuring Encrypted HBase Data Transport Using Cloudera Manager
Minimum Required Role: Full Administrator
To enable encryption of data transferred between HBase masters and RegionServers and between RegionServers and clients:
- Enable Hadoop security using Kerberos.
- Configure Kerberos authentication for HBase.
- Select the HBase service.
- Click the Configuration tab.
- Select .
- Select .
- Search for the HBase Transport Security property and select one of the following:
Property Description authentication Enables simple authentication using Kerberos. integrity Checks the integrity of data received to ensure it was not corrupted in transit. Selecting integrity also enables authentication. privacy Ensures privacy by encrypting the data in transit using TLS/SSL encryption. Selecting privacy also enables authentication and integrity.
- Click Save Changes.
- Restart the HBase service.