Replication of data from Amazon S3 to on-premise in HDFS
You must create a new replication policy to replicate data from Amazon S3 cloud storage to on-premise.
- Select Policies and click Add Policy. By default, HDFS is selected as the service in the Create Replication Policy page.
- Enter the replication policy name and description.
- Click SELECT SOURCE.
Select type as S3 and Cloud Credential
from the drop-down and enter the S3 source path
Click SELECT DESTINATION.
Make sure you have one or more clusters in the DLM application.
- Select type as cluster and destination cluster from the drop-down.
Enter the destination path.
ImportantIf the target dataset is non-empty, a warning message appears Target dataset directory /xxxx/xxxis not empty. You can proceed by selecting the check-box supressWarnings. Opting to select the check-box overwrites the target location, considering the conflict resolution between HDFS location and Hive External Table base location directory.
- Click VALIDATE.
- Once the validation is successful, click SCHEDULE.
- Configure the job settings for the replication policy.
- Click ADVANCED SETTINGS to set up the policy queue.
Click CREATE POLICY.
The data replication process is enabled.
View job status from the policies page. Verify that the job starts and runs as expected.