Replication of data on-premise to Amazon S3 in HDFS
You must create a new replication policy to replicate data from on-premise Amazon S3 cloud storage.
Before you create a new replication policy, you must register Amazon S3 cloud account. For more information, see Register cloud credentials. You must have Infra Admin or DLM Admin role to perform this set of tasks.
You can replicate data on-premise to Amazon S3 with a single cluster.
- Select Policies and click Add Policy. By default, HDFS is selected as the service in the Create Replication Policy page.
- Enter the replication policy name and description.
- Click SELECT SOURCE and select type and source cluster from the drop-down.
- Provide the data replication folder path and click SELECT DESTINATION.
- Select the destination type as S3 and Cloud Credential from the drop-down.
Provide a folder path
bucket_name/path.ImportantIf the target dataset is non-empty, a warning message appears Target dataset directory /xxxx/xxxis not empty. You can proceed by selecting the check-box supressWarnings. Opting to select the check-box overwrites the target location, considering the conflict resolution between HDFS location and Hive External Table base location directory.
- Click VALIDATE.
- Once the validation is successful, click SCHEDULE.
- Configure the job settings for the replication policy.
- Click ADVANCED SETTINGS to set up the policy queue.
Click CREATE POLICY.
The data replication process is enabled.
View job status from the policies page. Verify that the job starts and runs as expected.