Suppressing Configuration and Parameter Validation Warnings
You can suppress the warnings that Cloudera Manager issues when a configuration value is outside the recommended range or is invalid. If a warning does not apply to your deployment, you might want to suppress it. Suppressed validation warnings are still retained by Cloudera Manager, and you can unsuppress the warnings at any time. You can suppress each warning when you view it, or you can configure suppression for a specific validation before warnings occur.
Suppressing a Configuration Validation in Cloudera Manager
When viewing the configuration issues, you can suppress each warning. A dialog box opens where you can enter a comment about the suppression.
To suppress warnings from the All Configuration Issues screen:
- Click the Cloudera Manager logo to return to the Home screen.
- Click .
- Locate the validation message in the list and click the
A dialog box opens where you can enter a comment about the suppression.
- Click Confirm.
Managing Suppressed Validations
- Click the Show # Suppressed
Warning(s) link to show the warnings.
Each suppressed warning displays an icon: .
- Click the Unsuppress... link to unsuppress the configuration validation.
- Click the Hide Suppressed Warnings link to re-hide the suppressed warnings.
Suppressing Configuration Validations Before They Trigger Warnings
- Go to the service or host with the configuration validation warnings you want to suppress.
- Click .
- In the filters on the left, select .
A list of suppression properties displays. The names of the properties begin with Suppress Parameter Validation or Suppress Configuration Validator. You can also use the Search function to limit the number of properties that display.
- Select a suppression property to suppress the validation warning.
- Enter a Reason for change, and then click Save Changes to commit the changes.
Viewing a List of All Suppressed Validations
- From the Home page or the Status page of a cluster, select .
- From the Status page of a service, select and select .
- From the left menu, select , then and select .