Manually Triggering Collection and Transfer of Diagnostic Data
To troubleshoot specific problems, or to re-send an automatic bundle that failed to send, you can manually send diagnostic data to Cloudera.
- Optionally, change the System Identifier property:
- In the left menu, select .
- Under the Other category, set the System Identifier property and click Save Changes.
- Click Support at the bottom of the left menu and choose
Send Diagnostic Data.The Send Diagnostic Data form displays.
Fill in or change the information here as appropriate.Optionally, you can improve performance by reducing the size of the data bundle that is sent. Click Restrict log and metrics collection to expand this section of the form. The three filters, Host, Service, and Role Type, allow you to restrict the data that will be sent. Cloudera Manager will only collect logs and metrics for roles that match all three filters.
Select one of the following under Data Selection:
If you have a support ticket open with Cloudera Support, include the support ticket number in the field provided.
- Select By Target Size to manually set the maximum size of the bundle. Cloudera Manager populates the End Time based on the setting of the Time Range selector. You should change this to be a few minutes after you observed the problem or condition that you are trying to capture. The time range is based on the timezone of the host where Cloudera Manager Server is running.
- Select By Date Range to manually set the start time and end time to collect the diagnostic data. Click the Estimate button to calculate the size of the bundle based on the start and end times. If the bundle is too large, narrow the selection using the start and end times or by selecting additional filters.
Depending on whether you have disabled automatic sending of data, do one of the
- Click Collect and Upload Diagnostic Data to Cloudera Support. A Running Commands window shows you the progress of the data collection steps. When these steps are complete, the collected data is sent to Cloudera.
- Click Collect Diagnostic Data only. A Command Details window shows you the progress of the data collection steps.
- In the Command Details window, click Download Result Data to download and save a zip file of the information.
- Send the data to Cloudera Support by doing one of the following:
- Send the bundle using a Python script. Download the phone_home script and copy
the script and downloaded data file to a host that has internet access. Run the
following command on that host:
python phone_home.py --file downloaded data file
- Attach the bundle to the SFDC case. Do not rename the bundle as this can cause a delay in processing the bundle.
- Contact Cloudera Support and arrange to send the data file.
- Send the bundle using a Python script. Download the phone_home script and copy the script and downloaded data file to a host that has internet access. Run the following command on that host: