What's New in Cloudera Manager 7.0.0
This topic describes new features in Cloudera Manager.
What's New for Cloudera Enterprise Customers
- Apache Ranger now provides security authorization and auditing services previously provided by Sentry.
- Apache Atlas now provides data governance capabilities previously provided by Cloudera Navigator. See: Apache Atlas
- Cloudera Manager now provides configuration and management for the following Cloudera Runtime services:
What's New for Hortonworks Data Platform Customers
- Cloudera Manager now provides cluster management capabilities
previously provided by Ambari.
Cloudera Manager provides the following:
- Monitoring and alerts
- Configuration management
- Host management
- Cloudera Runtime Service management
- Resource management
- Apache Impala Cloudera Manager provides configuration and management for the Apache Impala service, which provides high-performance, low-latency SQL queries on data stored in popular Apache Hadoop file formats. See Apache Impala Overview