Apache Atlas provides data governance capabilities for Hadoop. Apache Atlas serves as a common metadata store that is designed to exchange metadata both within and outside of the Hadoop stack. Close integration of Atlas with Apache Ranger enables you to define, administer, and manage security and compliance policies consistently across all components of the Hadoop stack. Atlas provides metadata and lineage to Data Steward Studio to support curating data across enterprise data.
- Governance Overview
- Concepts for collecting, creating, and using metadata in Apache Atlas.
- Controlling Data Access with Tags
- Add tags in Atlas to drive data access policies in Ranger.
- Extending Atlas to Manage Metadata from Additional Sources
- Atlas's flexible metadata model allows you to define entity types to represent data assets, operations, or any other object you want to catalog.