Enabling Spark Encryption
Before enabling encryption, you must first enable Spark authentication.
- In the Cloudera Data Platform (CDP) Management Console, go to Data Hub Clusters.
- Find and select the cluster you want to configure.
- Click the link for the Cloudera Manager URL.
- Go to .
- Search for the Enable Network Encryption property. Use the checkbox to enable encrypted communication between Spark processes belonging to the same application.
- Search for the Enable I/O Encryption property. Use the checkbox to enabled encryption for temporary shuffle and cache files stored by Spark on local disks.
- Enter the reason for the change at the bottom of the screen, and then click Save Changes.
- Re-deploy the client configurations:
- Select Deploy Client Configurations from the Actions drop-down selector.
- Restart stale services.