General known issues
This topic describes the general service-wide known issues for Cloudera Data Warehouse (CDW) Private Cloud.
Known Issues identified in 1.5.0
- FreeIPA is not supported
- Cloudera does not support FreeIPA as a certified identity management system for CDW data service on CDP Private Cloud 1.5.0.
Known Issues identified in 1.4.1
- DWX-13759: DAS server and DAS WebApp pods exists even after disabling DAS
- After you disable DAS from the Advanced Settings page, you may still see the DAS server and DAS WebApp pods running in the Database Catalog and Virtual Warehouse namespaces respectively.
- Delete and recreate the Database Catalog and Virtual Warehouse.
Known Issues identified before 1.4.1
- OPSAPS-58019: “SERVICE_PRINCIPAL is required for kinit” error while activating a new environment
- If the
/etc/krb5.conffile on the Cloudera Manager host contains "include" or "includedir" directives, then you may encounter Kerberos-related failures on both Embedded Container Service and Red Hat OpenShift platforms. You may see the following error in the Database Catalog's metastore pod logs: SERVICE_PRINCIPAL is required for kinit.
- To resolve this issue:
- SSH into the Cloudera Manager host as an administrator.
- Open the
/etc/krb5.conffile for editing.
- Comment the lines containing
- Save the changes and exit.
- Recreate the environment.
- DWX-10403: Executor pods get stuck in pending state with a warning
- In rare circumstances, when Impala or Hive executors start up either due to autoscaling or by manually restarting the executors, the pods may get stuck in a pending state with a warning such as "volume node affinity conflict". This happens due to a race condition in the storage class that provides local volumes.
- Restart the pods so that they can be rescheduled on new nodes with enough resources.
- DWX-8502: HMS health check does not check port 9083
- The HMS health check script does not check the health of its service port 9083 and may provide incorrect health status.