Meet the prerequisites
Use this checklist to make sure that you meet all the requirements before you start building your data flow.
- You have a CDP Public Cloud environment.
You have a CDP username (it can be your own CDP user or a CDP machine user) and a password set to access Data Hub clusters.
The predefined resource role of this user is at least EnvironmentUser. This resource role provides the ability to view Data Hub clusters and set the FreeIPA password for the environment.
- Your user is synchronized to the CDP Public Cloud environment.
- Your CDP user has the correct permissions set up in Ranger allowing access to NiFi and Kafka.
- You have a Flow Management Data Hub cluster in your CDP environment.
- You have a Streams Messaging Data Hub cluster in the same CDP environment as the Flow Management cluster.
- You have created a Kafka topic in your Streams Messaging cluster to send data to.
You have created a sample schema in your Streams Messaging cluster you want to use for writing data to Kafka.
See the Appendix for an example schema.