Adding Kudu as Catalog
You need to add Kudu as a Catalog using the Streaming SQL Console in SQL Stream Builder (SSB) to create Kudu tables with Flink DDL.
- Make sure that you have Kudu service on your cluster.
- Make sure that you have the right permissions set in Ranger.
Navigate to the Streaming SQL Console.
The Streaming SQL Console opens in a new window.
- Navigate to , and select the environment where you have created your cluster.
- Select the Streaming Analytics cluster from the list of Data Hub clusters.
- Select Streaming SQL Console from the list of services.
- Click Data Providers from the main menu.
Click Register Catalog.
The Add Catalog window appears.
- Add a Name to your catalog.
- Select Kudu from the Catalog Type drop-down.
Add the Host URL of Kudu Masters.
- Go to your cluster in Cloudera Manager.
- Select Kudu from the list of services.
- Click on Instances.
- Copy the Hostname of the Master Default Group.
Add the default port of Kudu after the hostname.
Click on Add Filter.
- Provide a Database and Table filter if you want to select specific tables to use from the catalog.
- Click on Validate.
- If the validation is successful, click Add Tables.