Configuring Ranger policies for SSB
You must add SQL Stream Builder (SSB) users to the Ranger policies that are needed for YARN, Kafka, Schema Registry, Hive and Kudu to provide access to topics, schemas and tables used by the components.
- Add the required Ranger policies for Flink. For more information, see Configuring Ranger policies for Flink documentation.
- Navigate to , and select the environment where you have created your cluster.
- Click on the Data Lake tab.
Select Ranger from the services.
You are redirected to the Ranger user interface.
Select the Streaming Analytics cluster under the YARN
- Add the SSB user to the all-queue policy.
Select the Streaming Analytics cluster under the Kafka
Add the SSB user to the following policies:
- Add the SSB user to the following policies:
Select the cluster under the needed service where you want to add the SSB user.
Based on the connector type you want to use with SSB, you need to add the SSB user to the Schema Registry, Kudu or Hive service. The following minimal permissions are required for the SSB user:
Service Policy name Schema Registry
- all-schema-group, schema-metadata, schema-branch, schema-version
- all-database, table, column
- all-database, table
- all-database, udf