Add the Superset service
You can add the Apache Superset service, which is installed by default with HDP 3.0, to your cluster in Apache Ambari.
SQLite is not a client/server SQL database. For production use, you must install a suitable database. For example purposes, in this task, you accept the default SQLite database.You configure a SECRET_KEY to encrypt user passwords. The key is stored in the Superset metastore. Do not change the key after setup.Upon completion of this task, you can connect Apache Hive to Superset.
- From the Ambari navigation pane, select Services, scroll down the list of services to Superset, and click Add Service.
- In the Add Service wizard, scroll down to Superset, which is selected for addition, and click Next.
- In Assign Masters, accept the single default node selected to run the Superset service, and click Next.
In Customize Services, configure properties:
Superset Database password
Superset Database Port--Enter a port number. For example, enter 8088 if you accepted the default SQLite Superset database, or 3306 if you configured MySQL as the Superset database.
Superset SECRET_KEY--Provide any random number in SECRET_KEY, accept the other default settings, and scroll to the bottom of the page.
Attention message--Click Show All Properties and follow prompts to configure any properties, such as providing a Superset Admin Password.
- Click Next.
- In Customize Services, in Advanced, enter a Superset Admin password.
- Click Next, and then click Deploy,
Click Next, and in Summary, click Complete and confirm completion.
Superset appears in the Ambari navigation pane.