Using SQL Stream Builder REST API
You can use the REST API to monitor, manage and configure the SQL Stream jobs with GET, POST and DELETE HTTP methods. You can use the SQL Stream Builder (SSB) REST API in command line, import them to REST API Tools or by accessing the Swagger UI.
- GET to query information about the specified endpoint
- POST to create resources for the specified endpoint
- DELETE to remove objects from the specified endpoint
The REST API Reference document contains the available endpoints for SQL Stream Builder.
You can also reach the SSB REST API reference document from on the main menu of Streaming SQL Console.
You can use the SSB REST API with Command Line Interface (CLI), you can
also import the REST API
swagger.json file to a REST API Tool, for example
Postman, and you also have the option to use the REST API with the Swagger User Interface
- SQL Operations: You can execute and analyze the SQL queries
- Session Operations: You can manage and reset the SSB session
- Sampling Operations: You can configure the sampling behavior and retrieve sampling results.
- Job Operations: You can create and stop jobs, and also retrieve job information
- Flink Session Cluster Operations: You can manage and reset the Flink session
- Flink Job Management: You can run flink applications
- Artifact Management: You can add and delete jar files and configuration files, and also retrieve information about them
Using REST API with CLI
When using the SSB REST API with CLI Tool, you need to create the POST or GET commands with
curl, and also include the Streaming SQL Engine hostname, port and the
required operation for the endpoint. The submitted commands return the information, or complete
the process you have requested and display the status in the CLI.
The following examples show a secured and unsecured GET method to list the SQL jobs:
$ curl -H 'Username: <your_username>' \ 'https://<cluster_domain>:<streaming_sql_engine_server_port>/api/v1/ssb/jobs'
$ kinit <your_user> $ curl -ik --negotiate -u: \ 'https://<cluster_domain>:<streaming_sql_engine_server_port>/api/v1/ssb/jobs'
$ curl -ik --negotiate -u <knox_username>:<knox_password> \ 'https://<cluster_domain>:<streaming_sql_engine-server_port>/gateway/cdp-proxy-api/ssb-sse-api/api/v1/ssb/jobs'
Using REST API Tool
When using REST API Tools, you need to connect to the cluster that
hosts the SQL Stream Builder REST API. You can also use the following URL in a browser to
swagger.json file when you need to manually upload the REST API
endpoints for a Tool.
Using Swagger UI
You can access the Swagger UI to use the SSB REST API by adding your hostname and the Streaming SQL Engine port to the Swagger UI URL.
You can also download the
swagger.json for the SSB REST API using the Swagger