Creating a data extract
Learn how you can extract data from a dataset to a table in the same or a different data connection.
- Manage dataset right for the source dataset
- Manage AVs/extracts right for source and target data connections.
Follow these steps to create a data extract:
Click DATA on the main navigation bar.
The Data view appears, open on the Datasets tab.
- In the left navigation panel, select the connection on which your source dataset is defined.
- Select the dataset you want to use as a source for the data extract.
Click Data Extracts in the left navigation panel.
In the Data Extracts view, you can create data extracts and manage extracts that exist from this dataset.
Click CREATE DATA EXTRACT.
The CREATE DATA EXTRACT modal window appears.
Select the frequency for the Data Extract refreshes.
The default is Manual, but you can create custom schedules. For more information, see Managing schedule intervals.
Select the data connection where the Data Extract will be stored.
It can be the same connection where the source dataset is or you can also choose a different connection.
- Select the database on the previously selected connection where you want to store the Data Extract.
Enter a target table name, starting with cdv_.
Select the dimension and measure fields depending on what data you want to store in
If you want to use the selected measures as they are and you do not want the columns to be aggregated, deselect the Use aggregate functions below option.
When configuring a data extract, you can search for a column by name, as well as view the field types and complex data types available.
If you want to send an email confirmation about the extract's status, switch to the
Advanced tab of the Create Data Extract
- Select what event(s) you want to be notified about - success, failure or both.
- Add one or more email addresses as recipients.
- You can edit the default subject line of the notification email.
Click CREATE DATA EXTRACT after all required fields are
When the extract is created, you can refresh it manually or it will be refreshed on the schedule you defined in Step 5.
The extract is created, and its state shows as Never run.
You must run the extract to populate the target table and allow building a dataset or dashboard on the target table.