Building Cloudera Manager charts with Kafka metrics
A collection query examples to build Kafka metrics charts within Cloudera Manager.
Cloudera Manager enables you to build charts based on Kafka specific metrics. To access the chart builder go toin Cloudera Manager. The following are a few specific examples of queries for cloudera metrics:
- Controllers across all brokers
- This chart shows the active controller across all brokers. It is useful for checking
active controller status (should be one at any given time, transitions should be fast).
SELECT kafka_active_controller WHERE roleType=KAFKA_BROKER
- Network idle rate
- >Chart showing the network processor idle rate across all brokers. If idle time is
always zero, then probably the
num.network.threadsproperty may need to be increased.
SELECT kafka_network_processor_avg_idle_rate WHERE roleType=KAFKA_BROKER
- Partitions per broker
- Chart showing the number of partitions per broker. It is useful for detecting partition
SELECT kafka_partitions WHERE roleType=KAFKA_BROKER
- Partition activity
- Chart tracking partition activity on a single broker.
SELECT kafka_partitions, kafka_under_replicated_partitions WHERE hostname=host1.domain.com
- Mirror Maker activity
- Chart for tracking Mirror Maker behavior. Since Mirror Maker has one or more consumers
and a single producer, most consumer or metrics should be usable with this query.
SELECT producer or consumer metric WHERE roleType=KAFKA_MIRROR_MAKER