Creating HBase replication policy
You can replicate HBase data from a CDH cluster or COD cluster to another COD cluster, and replicate HBase data from a CDP Private Cloud Base cluster or CDH cluster to a Data Hub cluster.
- Open the Replication Manager service in Cloudera Data Platform web interface.
- Click Replication Policies.
- Click Create Policy.
- On the Create Replication Policy wizard, enter a name for the replication policy in the General page.
- Optionally, add a description for the policy.
The following sample image shows the General page in the Create Replication Policy wizard:
- Click Next.
On the Select Source page, choose the values for the
The following sample image shows the Select Source page in the Create Replication Policy wizard:
- Source Cluster or Database. Choose a source cluster.
- Source Tables. Enter a table name that you want to replicate. Click the Add icon to add more table names.
- Select Perform Initial Snapshot if you want to replicate existing data.
- Cloud Credential. Click Add Cloud Credential. This option appears when the source is an on-premises cluster and you chose Perform Initial Snapshot option.
- In the Add Cloud Credential dialog box, choose the Cloud Storage type as S3 or ADLS Gen2. Enter a unique name for the cloud credential, choose an authentication type, enter an access key, and secret key. Click Validate to validate the credentials.
- Click Next.
On the Select Destination page, choose the values for
the following options:
The following sample image shows the Select Destination page in the Create Replication Policy wizard:
- Destination Data Hub or COD. Choose a Data Hub cluster.
You can choose the Skip First Time Setup option
if this is the second replication policy you are creating for the chosen
source cluster and target cluster.
Before you create a replication policy, run the first-time setup configuration steps and restart the clusters. When you create subsequent policies between these clusters, you can select the Skip First Time Setup option.
- Password for user hbase-replication. Enter the password for the hbase-replication user.
Manual restart required. Before you acknowledge,
make sure that you have restarted the HBase service on both the clusters
after the first-time setup configuration steps are complete.
- If you selected the Perform Initial Snapshot option on the Select Source page, the Initial Snapshot Settings page appears.
- Click Next to continue creating the replication policy. Otherwise, click Create.
On the Initial Snapshot Settings page, configure the
following options for the source cluster:
The following sample image shows the Initial Snapshot Settings page in the Create Replication Policy wizard:
- YARN Queue Name - If you are using Capacity Scheduler queues to limit resource consumption, enter the name of the YARN queue for the cluster to which the replication job is submitted. The default value for this field is default.
- Maximum Maps Slots - Use this option to set the maximum number of map tasks (simultaneous copies) per replication job. The default value is 20.
- Click Create.
To confirm that the policy is running, click Running Commands in Cloudera Manager.