Registering Amazon S3 cloud account
You must have valid Amazon S3 credentials to register the cloud account with Replication Manager.
- Access secret key. To use this authentication type, you require an AWS Access Key and an AWS Secret key that you obtain from Amazon. Cloudera Manager stores these values securely and does not store them in world-readable locations. The credentials are masked and encrypted in the configurations passed to processes managed by Cloudera Manager, and redacted from the logs.
- IAM role. Amazon Identity and Access Management (IAM) can be used to create users, groups, and roles for use with Amazon Web Services, such as EC2 and Amazon S3. IAM role-based access provides the same level of access to all clients that use the role.
- Go to the Add. page, and click
In the Add Cloud Credential window, perform the following
- Select the Cluster.
- Select S3 as the Cloud Storage Type.
- Name - Provide a unique cloud credential name.
Authentication Type - Select one of the following
- Select the authentication type as Access Secret Key from
- Access Key - Enter the valid access key.
- Secret Key - Enter the valid secret key.
- Select IAM Role if the conditions mentioned in the IAM Role conditions section are met, and click Save
- Select the authentication type as Access Secret Key from the drop-down.