Scaling up Kafka brokers
Learn how you can upscale Kafka brokers in a Streams Messaging cluster.
The Kafka brokers in a Streams Messaging cluster can be upscaled. During an upscale operation, broker nodes are added to the Broker host group. Newly commissioned brokers are automatically detected by Cruise Control, a rebalance is triggered once they become available, and data is moved to the new brokers.
- Ensure that you have reviewed Scaling Kafka broker nodes.
- Ensure that the cluster, its hosts, and all its services are healthy.
- Ensure that the Kafka brokers are commissioned and running.
- Ensure that the Cruise Control service is running.
- Log in to the CDP web interface.
- Go to .
- Find and select the Data Hub cluster you want to scale.
- Click .
- Select the Broker host group.
- Set the desired size of the host group.You can enter a number or use the plus and minus buttons to adjust the number of nodes.
- Click Resize.
- Wait until the new nodes become available.
- Access the Cloudera Manager instance managing the cluster.
- Restart all services that have stale configurations.