What's new in this release?
Learn about the new functionalities and improvements in Cloudera Flow Management (CFM) and how these new features benefit you.
CFM 2.1.5 is released with a specific End of Support policy and will be supported until August 2025 to match the CDP 7.1.7 Long Term Support release. CFM 2.1.5 is based on Apache NiFi 1.18.0 and the most important new features and improvements of the release are:
- PutIceberg processor
- This release includes in Technical Preview a PutIceberg processor to ingest data using Iceberg table format.
- Snowflake integration based on Snowpipe
- This release includes in Technical Preview a set of processors (GetSnowflakeIngestStatus, StartSnowflakeIngest, and PutSnowflakeInternalStage) to ingest data into Snowflake using Snowpipe.
- SaaS processors
- This release includes a large range of new SaaS processors allowing you to interact with systems such as Workday, Box, Google Drive, Dropbox, HubSpot, or Airtable.
- Registry client to connect to the Cloudera DataFlow Catalog
- It is now possible to configure a Registry client in NiFi to connect to a Cloudera DataFlow Catalog instance and to use it as a NiFi Registry for checking out versioned flows and versioning your flows.
- Parameter Providers
- It is now possible to create Parameter Providers in the Controller Settings. This gives the ability to source values of parameters from external sources such as HashiCorp Vault, AWS Secrets Manager, or Databases. You can read more about this new feature in Using Parameter Providers.
- Removed processors
- Two processors have been removed in this release: ExecuteFlumeSink and ExecuteFlumeSource.