Before you begin
Check the possible migration paths and requirements before you start your migration process.
You can migrate data from:
- HDF 3.5.x
- Standalone (not managed by Ambari)
- Ambari (with or without Ranger)
- +HDP 3.1.5 and Ambari (with or without Ranger)
- CFM 1.1.0
- Standalone (not managed by Cloudera Manager)
For details on data migration and other upgrade options, see Upgrade and migration paths.
You must migrate HDF 3.5.x or CFM 1.1.0 standalone to an equivalent target environment.For example:
- From HDF 3.5.x without Ranger to CFM 2.1.5 without Ranger
- From HDF 3.5.x with Ranger to CFM 2.1.5 with Ranger
- From CFM 1.1.x without Ranger to CFM 2.1.5 without Ranger
You have deployed a CDP Private Cloud Base cluster with the necessary services running (ZooKeeper, Ranger, and similar) and out-of-the-box configurations.
You have sufficient networking connectivity and capacity between the source cluster and destination cluster.
You have the permissions required to access and modify files on cluster nodes.
You have reviewed the Cloudera Flow Management Release Notes and are aware of all known issues.
You have reviewed Apache NiFi Migration Guidance and Apache NiFi Registry Migration Guidance and are aware of any differences between source and destination components.