What's New in HDF 3.5.2
HDF 3.5.2 is a major release that includes new features, bug fixes, and improvements. This is the last version of HDF that Cloudera will provide. Going forward Cloudera encourages customers to migrate to CFM on CDP.
Apache NiFi Updates
The NiFi version in HDF 184.108.40.206 is NiFi 220.127.116.11.5.2.0, which includes everything that is available in Apache NiFi 1.12.1 as well as additional improvements, bug fixes, and security patches.
- Hazelcast implementation for the distributed map cache server - this provides a resilient implementation of the distributed map cache within NiFi without the need of external dependencies like HBase or Redis.
- ListenFTP processor - this gives the possibility to have NiFi acting as an FTP server to ingest data directly into NiFi using FTP.
- System Status History monitoring - this provides a new monitoring view in NiFi to track over time the system metrics of the NiFi cluster
- ADLS Gen2 processors - new set of processors to interact with ADLS in Azure
- Support for Kafka 2.6
- Option to empty all queues at process group level
- ScriptedTransformRecord processor - this provides a very powerful option to implement custom transformations while still leveraging the Record API
- Flow File concurrency at process group level - this provides a higher level abstraction at Process Group level to implement patterns similar to what was possible with Wait/Notify processors
- Support for a record writer in the ListX processors
- Support for version 2 and 3 of the schema encoding with the Schema Registry
Schema Registry Updates
The supported version of Schema Registry is 0.8.1.
- ISSUE 574: Re-create a delete schema does not work.
- ISSUE 568: Synchronize Kerberos ticket renewal for non-renewable ticket.
- ISSUE 640: SchemaRegistryClient doesn't take advantage of the UrlSelector for failover scenarios.