Configuring high availability
Configuring Hue for high availability includes configuring Hue, Hive, and Impala.
- SSH network access to host machines with a Hue Server/Kerberos Ticker Renewer role.
- External database configured for each Hue Server.
Add Hue roles:
Hue HA requires at least two Hue server roles and one Load Balancer role. If the cluster is authenticating with Keberos, you need one Kerberos Ticker Renewer on each host with a Hue Server.
- Log on to Cloudera Manager and go to the Hue service.
- Go to the Hue service and select .
- Click Hue Server, assign to one or more hosts, and click .
- Click Kerberos Ticket Renewer, assign to each host with a Hue Server, and click .
- Click Load Balancer, assign to one or more hosts, and click .
- Check each role and select Start. and click
Enable TLS for the Hue load balancer:
- Go to TLS/SSL. and search on
- Check Enable TLS/SSL for Hue for the Hue Server Default Group.
- Set other TLS/SSL properties appropriate for your setup. Some to
- Hue Load Balancer Port - Apache Load Balancer listens on this port (default is 8889).
- Path to TLS/SSL Certificate File - Must be multi-domain with CN = Load Balancer in PEM format.
- Path to TLS/SSL Private Key File - Must be in PEM format.
- Click Save Changes and Restart Hue.