Running a query on a different Hive instance in a CDP Private Cloud Base deployment
By default, ZooKeeper redirects your query to run on a Hive instance that is available at that time. However, if you have optimized a certain Hive instance, and you want to run your workload on that particular Hive instance, then you can switch to that instance by specifying the HiveServer2 host name and the port in the JDBC connection field on the DAS user interface.
hive.zookeeper.quorumproperty under . It also resides in following DAS configuration file: etc/das/conf/das-hive-site.conf.
To update the JDBC connection string:
- Sign in to the DAS portal.
- Click the profile icon on the top right corner and then click About.
- On the Configurations window, click Edit under the JDBC connection field.
Specify the HiveServer2 host name and port that you want to connect to in the
- To save the changes, click Update.
- To revert any changes that you have made to the original connection string, click Reset.
- To go back to the Configurations window, click Cancel.
- To exit, click OK.