Known issues in Cruise Control
Learn about the known issues in Cruise Control, the impact or changes to the functionality, and the workaround.
- CDPD-47616: Unable to initiate rebalance, number of valid windows (NumValidWindows) is zero
- If a Cruise Control rebalance is initiated with the
rebalance_diskparameter and Cruise Control is configured to fetch metrics from Cloudera Manager (Metric Reporter is set to CM metrics reporter), Cruise Control stops collecting metrics from the partitions that are moved. This is because Cloudera Manager does not collect metrics from moved partitions due to an issue in Kafka (KAFKA-10320).
If the metrics are not available, the partition is considered invalid by Cruise Control. This results in Cruise Control blocking rebalance operations and proposal generation.
- Configure Cruise Control to use to use the Cruise Control
metrics reporter (default). This issue is not present if this metric reporter is used.
- In Cloudera Manager, select the Cruise Control service.
- Go to Configuration.
- Find the Metric Reporter property.
- Select the Cruise Control metrics reporter option.
- Restart the Cruise Control service.
- OPSAPS-68148: Cruise Control rack aware goal upgrade handler
- The goal sets in Cruise Control, which include the default, supported, hard, self-healing and anomaly detection goals, might be overridden to their default value after a cluster upgrade if the goals have been customized.
- Create a copy from the values of the goal lists before
upgrading your cluster, and add the copied values to the goal lists after upgrading the
cluster. Furthermore, you must rename any mentioning of
com.linkedin.kafka.cruisecontrol.analyzer.goals.RackAwareDistributionGoalas Cruise Control will not be able to start otherwise.