Fixed Issues in Apache Sqoop
Review the list of Sqoop issues that are resolved in Cloudera Runtime 7.2.17.
- CDPD-44431: Disable the Sqoop direct mode feature with ability to enable it again temporarily
- Sqoop's direct mode is no longer supported and is disabled by
default. However, you can still enable it by either setting the
sqoop.enable.deprecated.directproperty globally in Cloudera Manager for Sqoop or by specifying it in the command-line through
- CDPD-44531: Sqoop cannot export Parquet data due to ClassCastException
- Sqoop can now export the following data types from Avro and
- Int, Float, Double to the same RDBMS types
- Long to BigDecimal, Date, Time, TimeStamp
- Bytes to BigDecimal
- Fixed to Decimal and TimeStamp
Note that Fixed to TimeStamp does not work if the source date is based on the Julian calendar.
- CDPD-50423: Sqoop ClassCastExceptions when exporting from Parquet
- This fix introduces enhancements in Sqoop when exporting from Parquet. Additional data type mappings are now supported.
- CDPD-52721: Replace log4j 1.x with reload4j
- log4j has been replaced with reload4j in Sqoop.
Apache patch information