Configure FPGA scheduling and isolation
You can enable and configure FPGA as a resource type using Cloudera Manager.
Ensure that the FPGA Runtime or SDK is installed in such a way that the aocl command is executable by the NodeManager. For more information about how to install FPGA, see Intel Acceleration Stack Quick Start Guide for Intel Programmable Acceleration Card with Intel Arria 10 GX FPGA.
- In Cloudera Manager, select the YARN service.
- Click the Configuration tab.
- Select FPGA Management category under Filters.
- Find the Enable FPGA Usage property and select the NodeManagers that can provide FPGA devices to YARN applications that request them.
- Use the Path to FPGA (aocl) tool property to specify the full local path to the Intel aocl tool installed on the applicable nodes.
Use the Allowed FPGA devices to specify the FPGA devices
which can be managed by YARN NodeManager.
Valid values are the following:
Auto: Default value. All available FPGA devices are allowed.
- Comma separated list: List the minor number of the allowed FPGAs.
Use the List of available FPGA devices property to
manually specify the available FPGA devices.
Provide the value in the following format:
The acl numbers are displayed using the
The major and minor device numbers can usually be determined by listing the device files under
/dev. Every card has a corresponding device file. The
ls -lcommand shows both numbers.
Use the FPGA device major number property to provide the
major device number of the FPGA card.
This property is used in the
Use the FPGA initializer script property to provide the
path to the shell script that sets up the environment for the FPGA device.
The initializer script sets up various environment variables, and sources other scripts allowing the
aocltool to run properly. The contents of this script depends heavily on the installation. For example, in case of Intel Processing Accelerator Card (PAC), it is necessary to source
init_opencl.sh.The following environment variables are possibly required to be exported:
Please consult the vendor’s documentation for further details.
- Click Save Changes.
- Restart the affected NodeManagers.
yarn.io/fpgaas a resource.