Referer checking failed because domain does not match any trusted origins
You may see a "Referer checking failed" error in the Hue
file if the Knox Gateway DNS does not resolve properly when accessing Hue using the Knox
”POST /accounts/login HTTP/1.1" — Referer checking failed -https://<ip_address>:<knoxui_port>/gateway/cdp-proxy/hue/hue/accounts/login?next=%2F%253FdoAs%253Dknoxui does not match any trusted origins.”
The Knox Gateway DNS may not resolve due to various reasons. Verify the following before proceeding:
- Verify that the Knox proxy user configuration is set properly in the Hue configuration
- Check whether the hostnames specified in the fields are spelled correctly
- Make sure that the DNS is set up correctly by logging into the DNS server and pinging a few hosts
- Make sure that the /etc/hosts file has the correct mapping of the IP address and the hosts
- Go to and click on the Knox Gateway hostname.
- Note down the IP address of the Knox Gateway host from the Details section.
- Go to Knox Proxy Hosts field. and search for the
- Enter the IP address of the Knox Gateway host that you noted earlier.
- Click Save Changes.
Verify whether you can access the Knox Gateway through the following URL: