Creating a database using CDP CLI
You can create an operational database in your registered environment using Cloudera Operational Database (COD) CLI Beta.
- You must download and install the latest CDP CLI beta version.
- Understand CDP environment and user management. For more information, see User Management and CDP Environments topics.
- Set up an environment that gives you credential and cloud storage.
- Ensure you are authorized to create a database.
- Required role: You must be logged into the COD as an
- You can create a COD database in an AWS, GCP, or Azure environment.
- Log in to the CDP CLI beta tool.
- Enter the following command:
cdp opdb create-database --environment-name cod7215 --database-name test123
--use-hdfsflag to create a database for COD using HDFS storage.
If you pass
--no-use-hdfsflag or do not pass any flag, the database for COD is created using cloud storage. For example, Amazon S3, GCS, or ABFS.