Upgrading a database using COD
Learn how to upgrade your existing Cloudera Operational Database (COD) in the CDP environment.
- You need to use the CDP Beta CLI and run the
upgrade-databasecommand to upgrade your database.
- Required role: You must be logged into the COD as an ODAdmin.
- To use COD on a GCP environment, you must do it through CDP CLI with
- Before you perform the COD upgrade: In the Cloudera Manager properties,
omid_max_heap_sizeproperty for the Omid service to at least 3GB before starting the upgrade from 7.2.9/7.2.10 to 7.2.11:
- Understand CDP environment and user management. For more information, see User Management and CDP Environments topics.
- Ensure you are authorized to upgrade a database.
- You must download and install the latest CDP CLI beta version.
- Log in to the CDP CLI tool.
Run the following command to upgrade the database.
This command upgrades an operational database in an environment to a given Runtime:
cdp opdb upgrade-database --environment <environment-name> --database <database-name> --runtime <runtime-version> [--os-upgrade-only | --no-os-upgrade only]
Option Description --environment (string) The name or CRN of the environment. --database <value> The name or CRN of the database. --runtime <value> The runtime version to upgrade to. [--os-upgrade-only | --no-os-upgrade-only] Controls whether to perform only an Operating System upgrade.