Creating a group in Hue
By creating groups, you can club certain permissions that you want to assign to specific users in your organization.
- Sign in to the Hue UI as a superuser.
From the left assist panel, point your cursor to the user profile icon and
click Administer Users.
The User Admin page is displayed.
Go to the Groups tab.
The Groups page displays the list of existing groups, if any.
Click Add group.
If you are using LDAP, then you can directly add LDAP groups by clicking Add/Sync LDAP group.
To add or synchronize an LDAP group:
- Specify the name of your LDAP group in the Name field.
- If you are using LDAP distinguished names, then you can select the Distinguished name option.
- Optional: Select Import new members to automatically import new members to Hue when you add them to your LDAP group.
- Select the Create home directories option if you want to create home directories for your users.
- Optional: Select the Import new members from all subgroups option to import new members from your subgroups.
Click Add/Sync group.
The newly added group is displayed on the Groups page along with the list of members and permissions associated with it.